Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Souval Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - war or post-war issue?

Article about: Hello again few days ago I have read a topic on this forum regarding the EK's made by Rudolf Souval, after the war that can deceive many collectors. My cross also appears to be an unmarked S

Default Souval Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - war or post-war issue?

Hello again
    few days ago I have read a topic on this forum regarding the EK's made by Rudolf Souval, after the war that can deceive many collectors. My cross also appears to be an unmarked Souval that I have bought in 2009 from a dealer in Trieste (Italy). I would very much appreciate an oppinion regarding this item. Is it a war issue or a post-war one? I have gathered many medals in my small collection and I wouldn't like to have such an item of post 1945 manufacture
    Best regards
    Sever (Romania)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Souval Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - war or post-war issue?   Souval Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - war or post-war issue?  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-20-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Souval Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - war or post-war issue?
    P
    Many

Hi

Your cross is not a Souval

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I always considered it a Souval due to the specific "claws" from the frame. Is it possible to establish the manufacturer?

Hí Sever
    this is an original wartime period made cross .The manufacturer was Grossmann & Co.
    This the an unmarked piece and 100% that made before 1945 ,The PKZ was number 11
    but this the number only 1942 end introduced ,so the cross made 1942 before ,probably but this of course not demonstrable