Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914

Article about: I picked up a rather nice , but small collection last week , and this lovely EK2 Spange was in it. The ribbon shows signs of being sewn to a tunic, but in rather nice condition. A nice 1st f

Default Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914

I picked up a rather nice , but small collection last week , and this lovely EK2 Spange was in it. The ribbon shows signs of being sewn to a tunic, but in rather nice condition. A nice 1st form from the scalloped wings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914   Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914  

Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914   Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914
    P
    Many

Default Salty Spange

Here's my other EK2 Spange in very poor condition, but a veteran none the less
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914  

The second one you posted is a nice, first pattern Boerger & Co. with a scalloped date bar. I believe it should have round pins
    Unfortunately, the first one you posted does not have a scalloped date bar, (not first pattern), nor is it original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Other Spange

Here's the EK1 cased piece that came with the EK2 Spange . BTW I really do appreciate the information Ralph ��

I also picked up a cased EK1 in the lot. All relive to the subject I suppose, and can post it also?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914   Spange 1939 zum E. K. 2. Klasse 1914  

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The second one you posted is a nice, first pattern Boerger & Co. with a scalloped date bar. I believe it should have round pins
    Unfortunately, the first one you posted does not have a scalloped date bar, (not first pattern), nor is it original.
    Ralph.
    Yep, the seccond is a nice one and not in poor condition at all for a zinc piece. Are the prongs mounted together in the centre of the badge? Some by this maker are.

The first, as Ralph says is not a good one at all and is pretending to be a 2nd type but by which maker it is pretending to be I couldn't say.

I hope the rest of the lot you bought is OK!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default Cased EK1

The 3rd and final piece from the lot of 3.

I appreciate the info Mark, and welcome any other info. I bought them rather reasonable for they looked to display well

I'm afraid I am not keen on the 1st class spange either;
    I would expect to see either an LDO logo or representation of the spange on the case lid and the black lining looks odd in these pictures. The clasp itself shows signs of casting on the reverse. The detail on the obverse is soft especially the swastika which seems overly rounded. I think I can see "flashing" (surplus material from casting) on the top edge of the date bar, the wing shoulders seem odd and I don't recognise the eagles head. I'm not sure of the fletching of the wings either.

I don't claim to be expert on these spangen and there are members here who certainly can so I hope they will chip in. I would love to be wrong for your sake but this is not one for me.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Here's the EK1 cased piece that came with the EK2 Spange . BTW I really do appreciate the information Ralph ��

I also picked up a cased EK1 in the lot. All relive to the subject I suppose, and can post it also?
    Unfortunately, this one appears to be a cast copy and often referred to as the "robot fake".
    The pitting on the reverse, and the eagles legs give this one away.
    Take a look through this reference thread and try to find an example like this one in there.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/database-ek-spange/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Unfortunately, this one appears to be a cast copy and often referred to as the "robot fake".
    The pitting on the reverse, and the eagles legs give this one away.
    Take a look through this reference thread and try to find an example like this one in there.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/database-ek-spange/
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph I was hesitant after my las two posts to pour more water on this!

I agree and the first issue that struck me was the rear set-up or hardware. I don't like the round pin and the hinge looks not quite right.
    I could be wrong but I don't recall seeing the makers name embossed on the bottom of the case like that either.

Sorry HC, it is much more pleasing to say "yes that's a great piece" but unfortunately we are are not doing that here. Any chance you can get a refund?

Regards

Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast