Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Spange EK1 screw back?

Article about: Hello, I have been offered a lot by an individual for my consideration. I have attempted to research the spange for sometime and have come up with no examples to compare it to. For that reas

?

Default Spange EK1 screw back?

Hello,
    I have been offered a lot by an individual for my consideration. I have attempted to research the spange for sometime and have come up with no examples to compare it to. For that reason I am wary to move ahead without some expert opinions. The spange is marked 26 on the reverse within a square indicating B.H. Mayer's Kunsthaus-prageanstalt Pforzheim. I know you don't come across screw backs often but I have to be sure I am not passing on an authentic period item. The top stud seems low to me since I have seen other makers locate it on the back of the adler's head. Any comments are appreciated! Btw I was searching the forum for a list of know makers of screw back spangen...is there one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	564825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	564826  

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Personally I can not comment on it but maybe this will help, Iron Cross

?

Thanks friend! I did check that out and did not notice any specific makers indicated for screw backs. However, I noticed the list did not include Mayer. Is this a list considered comprehensive of all makers of the spange?

I dont really like the detail and that is not a typical Mayer '26' stamp

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for your opinions Adam and Nick. I passed on it. This guy has a lot of repros up his sleeve.

- - Updated - -

Thanks for your opinions Adam and Nick. I passed on it. This guy has a lot of repros up his sleeve.