Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spange EK1 screw back?

Article about: Hello, I have been offered a lot by an individual for my consideration. I have attempted to research the spange for sometime and have come up with no examples to compare it to. For that reas

?

Default Spange EK1 screw back?

Hello,
    I have been offered a lot by an individual for my consideration. I have attempted to research the spange for sometime and have come up with no examples to compare it to. For that reason I am wary to move ahead without some expert opinions. The spange is marked 26 on the reverse within a square indicating B.H. Mayer's Kunsthaus-prageanstalt Pforzheim. I know you don't come across screw backs often but I have to be sure I am not passing on an authentic period item. The top stud seems low to me since I have seen other makers locate it on the back of the adler's head. Any comments are appreciated! Btw I was searching the forum for a list of know makers of screw back spangen...is there one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange EK1 screw back?   Spange EK1 screw back?  

Attached Images Attached Images Spange EK1 screw back? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spange EK1 screw back?
    P
    Many

?

Personally I can not comment on it but maybe this will help, Iron Cross

?

Thanks friend! I did check that out and did not notice any specific makers indicated for screw backs. However, I noticed the list did not include Mayer. Is this a list considered comprehensive of all makers of the spange?

I dont really like the detail and that is not a typical Mayer '26' stamp

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for your opinions Adam and Nick. I passed on it. This guy has a lot of repros up his sleeve.

- - Updated - -

Thanks for your opinions Adam and Nick. I passed on it. This guy has a lot of repros up his sleeve.