Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914 Kombi

Article about: Came across this home-made convolute today, the centre piece was my main interest, looking closer, one can see the Spange and EK1 have been horribly mated together - the top of the EK1 has b

?

Default Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914 Kombi

Came across this home-made convolute today, the centre piece was my main interest, looking closer, one can see the Spange and EK1 have been horribly mated together - the top of the EK1 has been roughly flexed away allowing the Spange to slot in and fit the back plate. The eagles right wing tip has been lost, as has the right top corner of the EK1, the flex wheel seems to have run across the Spange to the swastika, the back plate is in places not flush with the Spange and EK1 medal and the Spange appears tilted. The handworker was certainly no expert. The piece has no any makers mark, the EK1 centre is magnetic. My question are the Spange and EK1 original and has all value gone?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914  Kombi   Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914  Kombi  

Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914  Kombi   Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914  Kombi  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914  Kombi
    P
    Many

I can't really help with the EK but the spange is not an original.
    For more info on the EK, post in the Imperial section for member "Chopperman"/ aka Greg, to have a look.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I believe the EK/Spange combo is trying to be one of these, as listed on Lakeside Trader:

1st Class Iron Cross 1914 and Spange 1939 Combo | Lakesidetrader

Spange zum Eisernen Kreuz 1 - 1914  Kombi

Paul notes that these are not often seen, and are priced to match their rarity. I'd imagine these were either privately purchased or knocked together by a professional jeweler. It does show they existed, though. Although the disparity in the quality of the work is clear to see between this one and the one that started the thread.

Regards, B.B.

Yes, they do exist, but the spange is not an original.
    A couple of originals have been posted here.
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse mit 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 1er Klasse 1914 Combo Sets
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ralph - thanks for the reply, knowing the spange is not original has killed off any further interest I had. It was always a very borderline case with me, due to the degree of damage and poor workmanship - now topping that, a fake spange. I don't want to go any further. Again thanks for the help. Cheers