Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse

Article about: Hello guys, what do you think about this one? If i remember correctly it looks like a Deumer to me, also i remember seeing that "dot" flaw on the wing only on the small mark type.

Default Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse

Hello guys, what do you think about this one? If i remember correctly it looks like a Deumer to me, also i remember seeing that "dot" flaw on the wing only on the small mark type. Am i correct?

Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er KlasseSpange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er KlasseSpange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er KlasseSpange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse
    P
    Many

?

It is a Deumer and maybe stamped L/11. Jim

Hi, looks like a nice Deumer to me fitted on its original ribbon. Leon.

v/nice .

Cheers guys, im slowly getting dragged back into medals. Seriously thinking about getting this one

Hello All,
    this is a very interesting spange that started the thread.
    I was offered one that is very similar but then on following some research a couple of collectors don't have much faith in the white metal Deumer Spanges and consider them to be made post war.
    The discussion goes that the early Deumers produced in plated tombak are followed exactly by the same piece struck in zinc so therefore there would be no reason to have the second die type that is so often seen for sale in considerable numbers many in mint condition.

I have posted the badge that was offered to me and the pictures that came with the offer.
    It is marked L/11 but I do not have the rear picture.
    You will note on this spange that it has the left wing dot, the bearded eagle's head and a joining of the number one and nine to the date border.

I would be interested in reading some different interpretations as to whether this badge could ever be considered good.

Many thanks
    Doug

Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er KlasseSpange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse

A couple of pics, bad light. It is an uniform removed piece. Unmarked.

Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er KlasseSpange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse

That is interesting Leonardo your eagle looks entirely different to the one I was offered
    The quality is just so much better.
    I'm guessing that the one I was offered and never followed through on is a reproduction of your example.

Cheers
    Doug

?

[QUOTE=Saladin;1688023]Hello All,
    this is a very interesting spange that started the thread.
    I was offered one that is very similar but then on following some research a couple of collectors don't have much faith in the white metal Deumer Spanges and consider them to be made post war.
    The discussion goes that the early Deumers produced in plated tombak are followed exactly by the same piece struck in zinc so therefore there would be no reason to have the second die type that is so often seen for sale in considerable numbers many in mint condition.

I have posted the badge that was offered to me and the pictures that came with the offer.
    It is marked L/11 but I do not have the rear picture.
    You will note on this spange that it has the left wing dot, the bearded eagle's head and a joining of the number one and nine to the date border.

I would be interested in reading some different interpretations as to whether this badge could ever be considered good.

Many thanks
    Doug

Doug, I have identified two different styles of the Deumer spange and yours I call Type A. I believe yours was made using worn dies. Here is mine. Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse