Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tell me please what you think about this EKII

Article about: Hi guys I 've got this cross during the last show in Germany, alias in the last weekend. I don't remember another one in the last months, in the true I really don't remember another one.. do

?

Default Tell me please what you think about this EKII

Hi guys
    I 've got this cross during the last show in Germany, alias in the last weekend.
    I don't remember another one in the last months, in the true I really don't remember another one.. do you have another one like this and you have infos about ? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tell me please what you think about this EKII   Tell me please what you think about this EKII  

Tell me please what you think about this EKII   Tell me please what you think about this EKII  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tell me please what you think about this EKII
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tell me please what you think about this EKII

I think you've been "Floched" The 3 is a dead give-away. JMO though I could be wrong

Here's a picture of a known Floch fake. The numbers are similar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tell me please what you think about this EKII  
    Last edited by John Brandon; 10-12-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added picture

I'm actually on the fence now, and I can't make up my mind on it

?

I'm fairly sure it's not a Floch. The rear date looks like Katz & Deyhle, the obverse has similarities to Godet and the frame is a complete mystery!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

No dear friends it 's not fake, I 'm sure that this one is a contemporary cross, who collect crosses from years feel when a cross is strange in your hands but this one has all quality charateristics that must have an original cross. A Swedish collector show me his cross that has same similarities with mine, maybe Adrian you remember that one showed time ago on WAF with a "Z" on ring.

?

Hi Fabri , has the core been refinished ? , always difficult to tell from photos , but the frame shows heavy wear and the core looks near mint
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

I like it Fabri, an original EK IMO. I can't remember the cross on WAF, do you have a link or some pictures?

?

@ Adrian. Unfortunately I don't use to save threads.. (a great mistake !!) but you can see his pics here if you 're member GCA Forum | Access denied.

@ Alan. Frame is not so bad, it has a nice patina, beads are good along all frame, just outer corners are in worn condition (frame remember me that one we can find in the "full Juncker" EKIIs). It 's not a strange thing, for example I have a rare type Deschler EKII, it has a very worn frame with a fine core.

?

It is a very nice cross. I have never seen this type before. But for sure original.

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    @ Adrian. Unfortunately I don't use to save threads.. (a great mistake !!) but you can see his pics here if you 're member GCA Forum | Access denied.
    Hi Fabri,
    I am a member there but for some reason my membership has never been confirmed and whenever I visit, the only forum I can view is the Bandenkampfabzeichen forum so I've not seen any EKs there.