Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two ek1 empty boxes

Article about: Here are two EK1 boxes. Saved from trash pile. I do not know anything about these boxes or if they are original or not. Your help will be appreciated. I have them numbered One and Two. Thank

?

Default Two ek1 empty boxes

Here are two EK1 boxes. Saved from trash pile. I do not know anything about these boxes or if they are original or not. Your help will be appreciated. I have them numbered One and Two.
    Thanks!

Two ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesTwo ek1 empty boxesfood iron cross 064.JPG

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two ek1 empty boxes
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two ek1 empty boxes

Both look good to me, nice save at about $100 a throw, as long as they don't 'glow' of course.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks, Big Ned. I appreciate it. What do you mean by "glow"? You have spiked my curiosity!

Two good cases

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Glow = as in under a black light (post war cloth materials generally glow under one)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wonder if some other items actually did get tossed out ? !
    Nice cases, BTW.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

are those groves for the pins flocked underneath?

they don't look like they are actually cut clean through so that the bottom interior of the case is visible when looking down through the slot. this is unusual.

the fabric lining of the material used in the inside of the lid and hinge for case #1 does not match that found in cases in my collection. could be a variant i do not have or have simply never seen.

in all other respects they look good so i don't want to reject them outright. is the interior bottom of the case visible through those slots in the insert? or is it not a true slot i am seeing and more of a groove lined in the bottom of that groove with flocking as is the rest of the insert?
    anyone else ever see an EK1 case with a groove in the insert instead of room being made for the pin assembly by a slot which is actually cut through the flocked insert?

if they are authentic, in compared to originals in my collection in all other respects they appear to be, i'd send you $200 for both right now.

where is that bin ?
    I need one box.

Good catch !

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    are those groves for the pins flocked underneath?

they don't look like they are actually cut clean through so that the bottom interior of the case is visible when looking down through the slot. this is unusual.

the fabric lining of the material used in the inside of the lid and hinge for case #1 does not match that found in cases in my collection. could be a variant i do not have or have simply never seen.

in all other respects they look good and if so, i'd take both for 200 on the spot.
    Hi Temp,

I have had cases that have had this feature before (and others that had been cut clean too), no worries there.
    Nice condition too.

Regards - Danny

i know you have seen a lot of cases too, Danny... so i have to congratulate here.
    i have to say i haven't gone through every case so maybe i have a couple like this and i don't know it. i don't generally pull badges out of their cases. maybe once when they first come to me and after that many of these cases are never opened again.
    i collect EK1s ultra mint and i keep them that way.

nice cases.

- - Updated - -

trash pile! i should be so lucky!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast