Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

unknown ek2

Article about: fake screw back

?

Default Re: unknown ek2

fake screw back
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown ek2   unknown ek2  

unknown ek2   unknown ek2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown ek2
    P
    Many

?

hopefully pics were good enough ill take pics of the other ww2 items when i get time

Adrian was bang on the money with the '13'. Also the other EK2 is a Souval. The EK1 with half a pin is a Souval frame with a W&L pin !?!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

he was do you think the pin maybe different to the medal ? color looks different? also the name scratched into the back have you ever seen this before? first time i have seen this. also what do you think of the quality of the screw back i think it was made from an original mold

rory

Hi Rory, it could well be a repaced pin.

As for the SB, it looks ok but sorry I cant be sure. I will do some research and see what I can come up with

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

hello nick thats a shame but still a nice ek with the name, and i know the sb is fake definetly nick but it is very good quality and sturdy when i got it about ten years ago it was brand spankin new ( i had a play about) it has aged well since then and looks origional if i didnt know like

thanks rory

Rory, did someone confirm it was a fake, if so what were their reasons , just out of interest

Nick

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Rory, did someone confirm it was a fake, if so what were their reasons , just out of interest

Nick
    I would be interested to know why the screw back is a fake too. I think it looks good, possibly an S&L?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

nick and adrian i bought it of ebay for about thirty quid no one else bid on it, i bought it as it looked so real and was brand new also do you not think the enamel looks different? the seller just said it was a repro also

also im sure i read somewhere that there are still origional moulds being used out there??? cause thats the only reason i can think of with the quality i thought it may have fooled a few people especially with the aging it has now

rory

Rory, you have a really nice looking display board of medals there !! Can I see another one beside it, please show! Also some close ups would be great some time

As for your EK1 SB, lets wait and see if any experts can give their opinion. You could have bought very well there!

Nick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast