Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked EK2

Article about: Hello ! What do you think about this unmarked cross, who is the author ? Thanks for help! enni

?

Default Unmarked EK2

Hello ! What do you think about this unmarked cross, who is the author ? Thanks for help! enni
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked EK2   Unmarked EK2  

Unmarked EK2   Unmarked EK2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked EK2
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Unmarked EK2

It's a tricky one to call. I think it's a standard S&L type frame design as there are certian similarities however I'm not 100% sure. The beading looks a little thin for an S&L type and I'm curious about the fact the frame has split. Can you see any signs of solder?
    Although not impossible, it's not common to find a soldered frame split, this is normally see on frames joined using the 'Gablonzer' method.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have an u/m EK2 with split frames.

I asked the question about this on WAF and it came back as this is a possible Gablonzer method frame.

Nick

Here is a link which mentions the method:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/iron...ufacturing.htm
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

As an aside from the EK, it's interesting to note the safety pin attached to the top of the ribbon. You don't see too many of these. They were used to pin the EK during the award ceremony if the regular method of awarding through the buttonhole was awkward.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked EK2  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    It's a tricky one to call. I think it's a standard S&L type frame design as there are certian similarities however I'm not 100% sure. The beading looks a little thin for an S&L type and I'm curious about the fact the frame has split. Can you see any signs of solder?
    Although not impossible, it's not common to find a soldered frame split, this is normally see on frames joined using the 'Gablonzer' method.
    I used the loupe and I did not see any signs of solder.