Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.

Article about: Hi guys. This came today and after going through various data bases I still think this is a possible '15'. I know the hanger ring should be larger, but it looks like it might have been damag

Default Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.

Hi guys. This came today and after going through various data bases I still think this is a possible '15'. I know the hanger ring should be larger, but it looks like it might have been damaged/cut at some stage.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.   Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.  

Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.   Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.
    P
    Many

Endgame 1945
    ?

Default Re: Unmarked EK2 - opinions please.

Nice Cross there stug III, saw one from a guy who got it at a gun show yesterday. It looks like, although I'm not saying it is, a Iron Cross Class II. If it is then the the hanger ring looks a liitle small. But when you say that the ring might have been cut at some point, i noticed something. i've seen several crosses like yours that have that same effect. As to what it is? Well, it could have been done when the cross needed some sort of repairs. Or what I think is really the case, as time went on and the medal continued to be worn, gravity simply began to wear down the little hanger ring. To be honest these are educated guesses and only that.

Good luck.

?

Nice and original cross, no problem with it!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Guys. I knew it was original, I am just trying to ascertain Maker. Being that the '1813' is situated where it is, so low down, and the '8' not matching any other maker that I could find, I thought that it was possible that it is a cross made by Friedrich Orth, but am totally unsure. Any help? Please!
    Tom