Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Well-worn EK II mm 65

Article about: I picked this well worn EK II at a local flohmarkt yesterday. The maker's mark is '65' Klein and Quenzer. I think it's a legit example, but it's got some rust on it. I don't think I should t

Default Well-worn EK II mm 65

I picked this well worn EK II at a local flohmarkt yesterday. The maker's mark is '65' Klein and Quenzer. I think it's a legit example, but it's got some rust on it. I don't think I should try to remove it, but is there a way to prevent the rust from spreading further?

Well-worn EK II mm 65Well-worn EK II mm 65Well-worn EK II mm 65Well-worn EK II mm 65Well-worn EK II mm 65Well-worn EK II mm 65Well-worn EK II mm 65Well-worn EK II mm 65

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Well-worn EK II mm 65
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Well-worn EK II mm 65

Nice original cross, don't try and remove the rust as it can cause more damage. Leave it as it is and keep the cross in an environment which will keep the rust from spreading ie; dry and even temperature.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian is correct.

A nice pick up there

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks, I absolutely wasn't going try to remove the existing rust, just wondering if there was a way to keep it from spreading. I've got a shadow box that it'll stay in to keep it dust and moisture free.

?

Nice original K+Q OberpfalzM3, she's been through it by the looks of things, and deserves to be taken care of. Look after her, as Adrian has suggested, and no further deterioration should occur.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by OberpfalzM3 View Post
    Thanks, I absolutely wasn't going try to remove the existing rust, just wondering if there was a way to keep it from spreading. I've got a shadow box that it'll stay in to keep it dust and moisture free.
    That would be a good idea, just make sure it's not on display in direct sunlight, over a radiator and in a room where the temperature is revatively constant.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A very nice Klein u. Quenzer.

Great find! Very nice K&Q.

Regards