Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What about this Eiseners Kreuz 2. Klasse? Fake or Authentic?

Article about: Thank you. The welding of this edge has missed, if pressing the inner corner, the seaming can be opened here.

?

Default What about this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse? Fake or Authentic?

Thank you.

The welding of this edge has missed, if pressing the inner corner, the seaming can be opened here.
    Last edited by BlitzC; 01-01-2019 at 05:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What about this Eiseners Kreuz 2. Klasse? Fake or Authentic?
    P
    Many

Good cross with lovely patina, standard St&L design imo.

Regards,
    Nick

?

Thank you Nick.
    The number shape, at least to me, is similar to that of Gustav, but the Swastika is more robust than Gustav’s. Is this the normal difference between St&L and Gustav, or are there something else different?

Regards,
    Blitz

Not necessarily in this case but, there are many factors to look at.
    The way the beading joints appear at the outer corners, the rounding, or not, of the inner corners, the beveled edge of the swastika, the thickness or thinness of the swastika itself, sometimes it even comes down to counting the number of beads on a particular side.
    As well as the shape of the numbers, and the way the ends of the numbers are finished, (the ball on the bottom end), and sometimes the shape of the upper parts of the "3".
    I can only suggest that if you plan to learn EK's, that you either do a lot of reading here, or invest in a good book or two on the subject.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Not necessarily in this case but, there are many factors to look at.
    The way the beading joints appear at the outer corners, the rounding, or not, of the inner corners, the beveled edge of the swastika, the thickness or thinness of the swastika itself, sometimes it even comes down to counting the number of beads on a particular side.
    As well as the shape of the numbers, and the way the ends of the numbers are finished, (the ball on the bottom end), and sometimes the shape of the upper parts of the "3".
    I can only suggest that if you plan to learn EK's, that you either do a lot of reading here, or invest in a good book or two on the subject.
    Ralph.
    Thank you very much Ralph. I do like this forum much. There are lots of knowledgeable threads here to read, and the communication with experienced guys, like you and Nick, is so valuable.
    Speaking of the books, would you recommend some?
    Regards,
    Blitz

Iron Time by Stephen Previtera or the EK book by Dietrich Maerz from B&D Publishing.
    I'm sure you can find something here.
    http://bdpublish.com/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Iron Time by Stephen Previtera or the EK book by Dietrich Maerz from B&D Publishing.
    I'm sure you can find something here.
    http://bdpublish.com/
    Ralph.
    This is why I take this Forum as fantastic, can always get help. Thank you Ralph