Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac

Article about: Hello folks, So I picked this little beauty up from a buddy who's dad served in WW2 and brought it back. He personally hates everything related to the nazi's so he sold it extremely cheap. I

Default WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac

Hello folks,

So I picked this little beauty up from a buddy who's dad served in WW2 and brought it back. He personally hates everything related to the nazi's so he sold it extremely cheap. I'm very familiar with most makers and I have only seen 1 other Clamshell of a WW1 EK1. It is unmarked and in excellent condition with a magnetic core and 3 piece construction. I've been told it's either a Junker maker or Dreumer. Curious as to what these specific variants sell for now a days and what you all think of it. P.S sorry for the poor pics.

Prost
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac   WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac

Hi Klaus,

Unfortunately it is neither a Juncker or a Deumer but a Floch fake and it was definitely not brought back from the war.

These are extremely well known and the bane of the EK collector's life. Try a search on the forum and you will find many references to Floch and the fakes he produces. Compare yours to others and note the distinctive date, particularly the number '3' as well as the beading pattern.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Bad luck Klaus

Here is my Deumer clamshell to compare

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac  WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Bad luck Klaus

Here is my Deumer clamshell to compare

Nick
    The thing is, mine looks identical. The little nipple is present on the back, the flash just took it out. Here is some here is some better pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac   WW2 EK1 Clamshell Screwbac  

Now that I'm looking at it again, the date is far too low. Damn you floch you've done it again. Hope I can have a little talk to my buddy.

As well as the points Adrian states, look how low the swastika sits

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Now Nick has posted his Deumer, compare the number '3' in the date. The Floch style is immediately recognisable and no wartime producer of EKs made a date with this style.

There are many differences between the Floch cross and the Deumer just as there is compared to a Juncker. No wartime manufacturer had the same beading pattern as Floch either.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....