MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?

Article about: I've spotted a very nice looking ww2 Iron cross, but as im no expert, i would like to know your opinion about it. I apologize poor quality of pictures, i'll post better ones if the saler giv

Burning banana
    ?

Default Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?

I've spotted a very nice looking ww2 Iron cross, but as im no expert, i would like to know your opinion about it. I apologize poor quality of pictures, i'll post better ones if the saler gives some. Thanks for your time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?   Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?

Hello,

It's very difficult to tell from these photographs, it's either in exceptional condition or it has been cleaned.... nevertheless, I believe it is a good one.

Is there any marks on the ring? Judging by what I can see of the dates and the hump at the suspension ring I would say it's a '40' from the firm of Berg & Nolte, Lüdenscheid.

If the seller sends better photographs, compare it with this 'salty' one:

Regards - Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?  

Burning banana
    ?

Ok, the seller sent me some better pictures. I think it looks real, however it doesnt have the manufacturer's mark. How much would you pay for it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?   Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?  

Looks fine to me.

Value? I can only guess.

Cheers, Ade.

Thumbs up Re: Ww2 Iron cross 2nd class - real?

Hi

Looks fine to me as well, alltough I'am no expert on crosses. Value would be around 80 Euro's IMO...

Greetz

Nick VR

Burning banana
    ?

I apologise for bothering you with poor pictures again, but i would like your opinions about this one

I can't give an opinion on the packet and it's almost impossible to tell from those pictures, but maybe a Klein & Quenzer (65)??

?

About the first cross - it appears to be "frost" finishing, but the ring looks much darker /mora patinated then the cross itself. I'm not sure if this is possbile.

Quote by Danny70 View Post
    I can't give an opinion on the packet and it's almost impossible to tell from those pictures, but maybe a Klein & Quenzer (65)??
    I agree Danny,better pics are needed. Packet doesn't instill me with confidence from these. Stewy S

first one
    second

take a look at the inner rim of the first one whit those lines i can show you if you want but there are 3 arms at the inner rim that have the good corners
    there is 1 point that is totally out of shape see if you can spot it

cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast