Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Iron Cross post-war

Article about: thank you both for answers! Oradour: I will sure buy "Iron Time", I have been thinking about it for quite some time... however the prices vary quite a lot (some dealers offer it fo

?

Default WWI Iron Cross post-war

Hello guys,
    is there any way to tell the difference between a WWI EKI made during the first war and the post-war examples? thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Iron Cross post-war
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI Iron Cross post-war

Third Reich made examples are 44mm in size.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Adrian

What about the period from 1919 till 1932? Also do you consider a WWI EK made post 1945 a reproduction or an original example? Or did production of these awards stop after 1945?

Greetz

Nick VR

I had a Blue Max, post WWI.It was even not that long ago ...2 or 3 years.
    Most collectors did not consider it as a genuine WWI Blue Max..!

?

thank you guys!

Hi arez, this should show the size difference of WW1 & WW2 Iron cross. Dont forget the 57' cross (replacement), it was & as far as i am aware, still available to veterans, this cross same size as third Reich cross, but substitutes an oak leaf device for the swastika, the same applied to the WW1 version, available to veterans well after 1945 (private purchase replacements).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Iron Cross post-war  

?

thank you.

just to make things clear, does that mean that:

1) WWI made 1914 EKs are 42 mm
    2) post WWI made 1914 EKs have the same dimensions as 1939 EKs, i.e. 44 mm?
    the above applicable both to EKI and EKIIs?

also, is there any other way to tell the date it was produced? magnetic/nonmagnetic...etc?

I have 1914 EKII on a bar with hindenburg cross and want to know whether it is "real" WWI example or not..
    also I plan to purchase 1914 EKI and want to be sure it was made actually during the WWI..

thank you

PS:maybe I am raising the questions so that they seem stupid to you, but English is not my native language and I want to make sure we all understand each other well

arez, a tall order, an indepth answer to all your questions would be a long drawn out affair, i would buy a good book on just the subject of the ' Iron Cross' there are several on the market, i like 'Stephen Thomas Previtera's' book 'The Iron Time'. There are sites via google you can visit for

i dont know what happened there, but i just spent over 1/2 hour formulating a reply & it only posted a part of it, i cant find the rest of it so i shant bother now, (ive thrown my rattle out of the pram !) bugger it !.....arez, buy a good book.

Hi arez,

Another good way to tell is to familiarize yourself with TR and Imperial hardware. There is a noticeable difference in the hinges, and catches that were used. Examples made just after WWI (as in 1920'2)...well, that would be very tough and there may be no way to establish if a piece is pre-1918 or post 1918. You can also look for the "L" numbers on the pieces if you suspect TR. If you see any maker marked with an L followed by a number, you can rest assured that the piece is post 1935 as I believe that was the year the LDO system was established.

BTW...can you post pictures of what you have?

I have 1914 EKII on a bar with hindenburg cross and want to know whether it is "real" WWI example or not.
    If you have a bar that includes a Hindenburg Cross, without a doubt, I can tell you that it was mounted post July 13th, 1934 as that is when the HBC was created. Again, the EK on the bar may very well be 1914-18 but it could also be a piece produced in the 1920's or early 1930's.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast