Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England

Article about: This is the site where almost all German servicemen who died in or around England from both World Wars are now buried. These first pics show the entrance and the mass graves of Zeppelin crew

Default The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England

This is the site where almost all German servicemen who died in or around England from both World Wars are now buried.

These first pics show the entrance and the mass graves of Zeppelin crews shot down over England in WW1.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England   The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England  

The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England   The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England  

The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England   The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England  

Default Re: The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England

more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England   The German Military Cemetery Cannock Chase England  

It was a cold winters day when I took these pics

Last few pics.

The glass panel shows the map of the graves.

My daughter lives not far away, so we walked there with the Grandkids.

Cheers, Ade.

?

very nice photos Ade!

?

Excellent photos...

I am due to visit the cemetery at Cannock Chase shortly, to search for a Luftwaffe bomber crew.
    Does anyone know if the cemetery records are accessible, and when?

Thanks.

Hi Don, the staff there are most helpful. They gave me access to the record books which are kept in the Office.

I actually made the visit as a friend in the US wanted pics of one particular grave.

Give them a call before you visit to make sure

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Guys, an update to this old thread as a new plaque was erected last month.

The babe in arms had her 8th birthday yesterday! My Grandson came with me to take the new pics yesterday and he is now 10. Time flies!

Cheers, Ade.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The sun is shining over the graves this time !

I didnt realise so many Zepplin crews were killed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, it is a peaceful place, but a bit bleak in winter. Yesterday was very nice. My Grandson and I go up there at least once a year. It gets a fair few visitors. On occasion there are flowers and photos placed on some graves after families have visited.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast