Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

Article about: This is a very intense thread,,, thanks for showing! Larry

Default Re: 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

This is a very intense thread,,, thanks for showing! Larry

many thanks on postin this ,every time i see the history channel and they are showin heydrichs assassination i always think that his funeral prosession thro the street lined with ss holdin burnin torches must be one of the most evil things to happen durin the war . and his killin one of the bravest and hardest things to do , the terrible price paid by the villagers and the hero,s shld never be forgotten and this post proves that it will be remembered , many thanks again ,

?

You are welcome gents, I am pleased that you find the thread interesting.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Another part of the exhibit shows a replica of one of tools that the SS used to assist them in killing prisoners at some of the camps. The method was used within medical examination rooms, and utilised what would appear to the prisoner, as a regular height measuring stand. However, behind the base of the neck was a small opening that was concealed until the prisoner's neck was resting on the size scale. Then, the executioner who would be hiding in a small area behind the wall, would quietly open the small hatch and shoot the prisoner through the base of the neck with a single pistol shot. Many prisoners died in this way at camps such as KZ Buchenwald. The images below the reproduction aparatus, were taken in the medical examination room at KZ Buchenwald, as it is today.

Regards,

Carl

To illustrate the replica display shown above, I have attached some images from the medical examination room at KZ Buchenwald, as it is today, showing the execution hatch located in the secret compartment hidden behind the measuring stand. From this position, the SS man would kill the unsuspecting prisoners.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

It is amazing to think that someone could dream up an idea like that, really frightening stuff.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    It is amazing to think that someone could dream up an idea like that, really frightening stuff.
    Sandgroper, only some sick bastard would think of this!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

A great thread Carl ! A fascinating but unsettling piece of history

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Carl this thread is a real eye opener...Thank you for reminding us.
    Sandgroper I could not agree more ..beyond evil.

?

Thanks again gents, I am pleased that you find it interesting.

Regards,

Carl

?

Default Reinhard Heydrich's assassination

... Of course there is no museum in Panenské Břežany about Reinhard Heydrich. On the other hand, this
    village would be one of the best places for a museum with that topic ...

Panenské Břežany, or in German: Jungfern Breschan was the residence of the Deputy Reich Protector of
    Bohemia and Moravia, Reinhard Heydrich. This village is only just a few miles north of Prague. Here in
    Panenské Břežany are two castles ... the lower and the upper one ...

Both houses belongs to the Deputy Reich Protector of Bohemia and Moravia and they are places of History
    The reason for my visit there was a report in After the Battle Magazine - No.24 of 1979 and the pictures
    of the Mercedes convertible with the license plate SS-3. The driver of the Deputy Reich Protector was
    Oberscharführer Johannes. Jan Kubis and Jozef Gabcik, who was trained in England by the British Special
    Operations Executive (SOE) led the "Operation Anthropoid", the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, on
    May 27, 1942 which was successfully in the end but deadly for this two "heroes" too. Reinhard Heydrich
    died of his injuries on June 4, 1942 in Prague

from Wiki : ... it seemed Heydrich condition improve, but on June 3, was a sudden deterioration with
    high fever and sepsis due to peritonitis one that probably caused by undetected particles of upholstery
    of the car, which had reached the abdominal cavity, is caused. Penicillin would have been used, not the
    was available, "Heydrich would have survived." He fell into a coma and died on June 4, 1942 at 4:30
    clock in gas gangrene. A Study in 2012 concluded that the exact cause of death is still not fully
    understood.

This is the most important act of the Czech resistance during the whole Second World War II what
    should have in the first place the success that the Czech people by the expected repression the German
    occupiers, inciting against them.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast