Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

Article about: This is a very intense thread,,, thanks for showing! Larry

Default Re: 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

This is very intense PKMann,, thank you for sharing these photos. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Prague, 27th May 2015.

Another year on...73 years ago today, the attack took place.

Below are a couple of information links regarding a new film addressing the attack - to be called "Anthropoid", after the name of the operation. The film is due for release in 2016.

Fifty Shades star Jamie Dornan in new wartime drama Anthropoid | Film | The Guardian

Anthropoid (2016) - IMDb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination   70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  

Thanks Carl.

I like this old film because it was fimed in the old Prague with "dirty" houses, no restaurant, the end in the true church, i think it's imposible to make again the film in this church!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Pics of Heydrichs funeral ceremony/coffin.

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination[ATTACH=CONFIG]844743[/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination  
    Last edited by Silberkreuz; 05-27-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Hi, a search for some additional pictures of the church were the assassins hid out.. In the crypt, the Germans tried to flood them out, but the assassins decided to shot each other or shoot themselves, we will never know.

70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination70th Anniversary of Heydrich's assassination

JMM
    ?

Thank you for this thread

Quote by Lowry View Post
    Thank you for these photographs. 'Lest we forget.' Has anyone visited Oradour in France?
    Hello,
    Yes i went there several times as i live four hours away from Oradour sur Glane (by car). A must go for sure. I had no family exterminated in Oradour, but i cant retain my tears each time i walk in the dead town.
    I also went to Lidice when i was 19 years old...i will never forget my feeling while i was there...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Out in the digital realm that hosts more than a few questionably sourced theories and thoughts, various statements exist related to the exact whereabouts of the Heydrich car. Yesterday, whilst visiting the superb new exhibition "In The Streets Of The Protectorate", currently hosted by the Military Museum in Prague, I met with a member of the museum staff, spoke regarding my work and an issue related to the current Holocaust exhibit at the museum. We also spoke of the Heydrich car - I can confirm it is not on display at the museum, nor is it on display anywhere else...and contrary to some report no, it has not been sold off to a private buyer either. The car rests, as it has done so now for almost a decade, in the storage facility beneath the National Museum in Prague. There are currently no plans to exhibit the vehicle.

The display related to Operation Anthropoid is currently not being shown in full, although some items remain part of the exhibition.

If in town, do go...it is well worth several hours of your time.

Carl

Carl, in july, I met this man and I know him since last year, next year I must see the manager of the collections.
    They have so many things every where!
    In the exibition on the protectorat, they have a fake SS cap, perhaps from theater.
    Did you saw the last film on Anthropoid in Prague ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast