Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945

Article about: .

?

Default Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945

Archive footage of the aftermath of WWII on the city of Berlin. American and British bombers and Soviet troops laid waste to the city and the people who called it home. Footage taken May 14, 1945 right after end of hostilities in Europe.

LiveLeak.com - Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945

Default Re: Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945

Pure insanity, what on earth were they thinking

I studied abroad on Berlin in 2007.... There are still millions of bullet pock marks and scortch marks all over the older buildings in the city.
    Last edited by CARL; 02-10-2013 at 04:25 AM.

I do not feel its anything to celebrate

My mistake. Please don't take my enthusiasm as praising what's going on in the clip. I had just never seen the clip before.

Note how few men are in the clip. Those poor women shouldered so much of the effort to rebuild the city AND faced the wrath of vengeful allied troops.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    My mistake. Please don't take my enthusiasm as praising what's going on in the clip. I had just never seen the clip before.

Note how few men are in the clip. Those poor women shouldered so much of the effort to rebuild the city AND faced the wrath of vengeful allied troops.
    Noted Joe, no worries

As I said earlier, what on earth were they thinking.....

?

Here is one of those contributors to the damage although mercifully, not all of Berlin's finest structures were destroyed........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945   Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945  

Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945   Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945  

Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945   Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Sorry Guys, perhaps I did not make myself clear

I do not condone or condemn the bombing of Berlin and other German Cities, I have spent hours walking around Cologne, and it still shocks me to see pictures of the city, the aftermath of another 1000 bomber raid.

It’s an old cliché, " They sow the wind and they reaped the whirlwind "
    The Third Reich… what on earth were they thinking, from such a cultured centrepiece to the rubble that was left……

Aftermath of War, Berlin in May 1945
    The circular area i pointed to with the red arrow was a park called Belle-Alliance-Platz now Mehringplatz as you can see it is clearly visible from the air, it was the main aiming point for USAAF aircraft bombing Berlin. I've seen photos of the area in the late 50s and even then the area was a rubble desert.

Cheers Gunny ! I still have not been to Berlin, I really need to get off my A***E and start visiting these places !!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast