Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Army Museum in Prague

Article about: Great displays.

?

Recent images taken within the Holocaust section of the museum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Army Museum in Prague   The Army Museum in Prague  

The Army Museum in Prague   The Army Museum in Prague  

?

Reproduction guillotine, displayed to represent the example used at Pankrác Prison in Prague, a site used by the Gestapo to hold, torture and ultimately murder many citizens of the Czech lands. Pankrác Prison courtyard was later the site of Karl Frank's execution.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Army Museum in Prague  

I was there in February this year, a fantastic museum

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Army Museum in Prague   The Army Museum in Prague  

The Army Museum in Prague  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Now on my list of places to visit, thanks.

And they have the Fliegerfaust brand new!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    And they have the Fliegerfaust brand new!
    See attachment below:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Army Museum in Prague  

?

Within Prague Army Museum, the section dedicated to the parachutists is currently limited. Some of the material still on display is shown below.

1) A cartridge from Gabčík's Sten gun

2) Specially prepared bomb found at the assassination site by the Gestapo in a discarded briefcase owned by Jan Kubiš. A British made Mk.I No.73 Anti-Tank grenade front section and fuse was used, with Kubiš affixing ca 800g of British plastic explosive inside using cloth tape

3) Shovels used by members of Operation Anthropoid

4) Tram ticket found in the jacket pocket of Jan Kubiš - amazingly, not discovered until 2002

5-6) Photographs of seven members of the group involved in Anthropoid

Very nice post/thread.. Thanks BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

A commemorative marker of note, located on the stairway between the ground floor and upper floor museum displays (currently on three floors), this plaque is dedicated to the Jews who fought with Czech forces, including partisan units, during WWII.

Hello! now the T34 is gone to the tank museum.

The first floor is closed for 3 years. WWII.

We can see only WWI.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast