Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian War Museum Canberra shots

Article about: G'day All Here's a bunch of shots taken a couple of years back Tough museum to take shot of!!! and I can't blame my Nephew for the crappy shots

Default Australian War Museum Canberra shots

G'day All

Here's a bunch of shots taken a couple of years back
    Tough museum to take shot of!!! and I can't blame my Nephew for the crappy shots

Default Re: Australian War Museum Canberra shots

Always my favourite place to visit in Canberra Rene!!
    The aircraft hall is a bugger to photograph in but the interactive stuff and visuals are very well done..... its all about the atmosphere!!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Pictures are fine! Looks great actually, some good exhibits! What’s the submarine exhibit ??
    Cheers M

?

Looks a really good museum, well presented too.

Regards,

Carl

NOTE: I have just moved the thread to the correct After the Battle forum.

I wish they went ahead with the aircraft hall, because the aircraft rooms are a bugger to take photos in.
    Morris

4md
    ?

still havn't been to the war museum yet,I want to spend a couple of days there and have a good look around.

great photos Rene

?

The 109 is the only one left in its original war time colours...it has a fascinating history that is laid out well, it had a wing replacement and one of the prop blades is marked to another aircraft
    The 262 was stripped back of post war paint to reveal what you see today, it has the RAF markings as well it carried after it was captured and evaluated.
    The desert cam uniform is from Iraq, it is from 2006, it's from the mob that we took over from on the second rotation of the Al Muthana task group. It was taken from a soldier on the last day of the tour after his last patrol, he basically was told to take it off and hand it to the Army history unit with everything he had on him and his pockets, uncleaned, just as he was wearing it....the night before he was tipped off that it was going o happen, so his mates in his section swapped bits of kit so they would all have a piece in the war memorial...this goes back o what happened on the last day of WW1, where a digger was told to remove his uniform as he came in from the trenches....it's still in the memorial, mud and all

Fantastic photos Rene!

like the veitnam war exhibits. all looks good. last time i was there was in 2002. great photos again thanks.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    The 109 is the only one left in its original war time colours...it has a fascinating history that is laid out well, it had a wing replacement and one of the prop blades is marked to another aircraft
    The 109 and the zero were once part of a private collection - of Sid Marshall at Bankstown airport in Sydney's west. I remember going there in the sixties and seeing the 109 hanging from the roof!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian War Museum Canberra shots  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast