From September 1st - 8th I am going to be going (by train) from Berlin to Home, stopping in Holland, Bastogne and Paris. That's the plan anyway. I'll be coming off the back of 7 weeks backpacking in Asia so this may (definitely) have been a bit optimistic, but the tickets are bought so there is no going back now!
I was hoping that someone would be able to help me with the Bastogne and Holland part, i'm looking to do the 101st site-seeing (my absolute priority is to see the foxholes in Foy, pretty much the reason for the entire trip).
Things i'm looking to get some advice on are:
- getting to Bastogne by public transport (no train station)
- how far Foy is from Bastogne (walkable?)
- the most definitive 101st Airborne part of Holland (Eindhoven/Arnhem?)
- best train station or transport route for both
- places to see/stay/eat/etc
I'm on a budget of £50 a day and i'll be there roughly a day and a half per stop.
If anyone could help in any way, big or small, I would appreciate it greatly!