Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Berlin bomb and shelling damage

Article about: EN - Old Berlin City Map-Archive. Collection of Berlin city maps, regional and plans. pretty interesting site that i found, if you look at the second 1945 map it shows you damaged and destro

Default Berlin bomb and shelling damage

EN - Old Berlin City Map-Archive. Collection of Berlin city maps, regional and plans. pretty interesting site that i found, if you look at the second 1945 map it shows you damaged and destroyed areas of Berlin, it really was a waste land in places!...

I can only see one 1945 map?

There's two 1945 maps Glenn, right next to each other in the timeline down the right hand side of the home page.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I can only see one 1945 map?
    Put your glasses on Glenn!....

Now that I look, there are 3 1945 maps, each one just seems to be a regular street-type map, I can't see any bomb damage so I've given up! ;D

Now that I look, there are 3 1945 maps, each one just seems to be a regular street-type map, I can't see any bomb damage so I've given up! ;D
    7th icon from the top on the right hand side mate, it's the one covered in dark and pale blue areas!...

Yeah, you're right..., it never happened...., it's all a conspiracy I tells ya!!

Berlin bomb and shelling damage
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The look on that cats face says it all !! is that you ned ??? haha

Very cool! If you've not had the chance, take a look at areas in Europe using Google Earth. They added old aerial photographs before bombing and post bombing. It's amazing.