Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bomber Command Memorial - Hyde Park Corner, London.

Article about: Another of the 'new' Memorials was crossed off my 'things to see' in London list this week with a a visit to the Bomber Command Memorial in Hyde Park Corner. Another superb sculpture of the

?

Default Bomber Command Memorial - Hyde Park Corner, London.

Another of the 'new' Memorials was crossed off my 'things to see' in London list this week with a a visit to the Bomber Command Memorial in Hyde Park Corner.

Another superb sculpture of the seven man crew of a bomber, raised on a granite plinth. Fantastic detail and a worthy tribute to all those in Bomber Command.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bomber Command Memorial -  Hyde Park Corner, London.   Bomber Command Memorial -  Hyde Park Corner, London.  

Bomber Command Memorial -  Hyde Park Corner, London.   Bomber Command Memorial -  Hyde Park Corner, London.  

Bomber Command Memorial -  Hyde Park Corner, London.   Bomber Command Memorial -  Hyde Park Corner, London.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Bomber Command Memorial - Hyde Park Corner, London.

Thanks for posting this Adrian a fitting tribute ....... at last !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for sharing! I have always wanted to go to London!

Cheers,
    Caleb.

Another superb memorial, albeit a little late...great pictures of both btw

Brings tears to my eyes

Thanks for the pic Adrian

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

A stunning work. And fitting.

Regards,

Carl

An excellent memorial and about bloody time.

?

A worthy cause in need of some help. Hopefully a few of our members might consider contributing, not necessarily the £1000 but there is a donation link in the article where you can choose your own amount.

Britain's last Dambuster appeals for help.

Or, if it helps, the donation link is here: RAF Benevolent Fund - Upkeep Club.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

How disgusting that this memorial has been targetted again by vandals - the second time in a few weeks

The RAF Bomber Command War Memorial in Green Park, London has been painted with the words: "LEE RIGBY KILLERS SHUD HANG".

On May 27 the same memorial was defaced with the word "Islam" scrawled on it.

The latest attack was covered up this afternoon by an RAF Benevolent Fund banner with the words "Memorial Upkeep" and details of where people can donate.

A blog post on the fund's website said: "We are extremely disappointed and saddened that the Bomber Command Memorial has once again been subjected to vandalism.

"Work is currently under way to remove the graffiti."

The low-lifes who carry out these disgraceful acts of desecration should feel the full weight of the law if caught, to reflect the disgust felt by the vast majority of the population who respect and appreciate the sacrifice they made for all of us. The scum who do this obviously do not have the innate sense of decency shared by most of us because they are either too dumb to realise the significance of the memorial or so lacking in morals that they just do not care.

Quote by harry211 View Post
    How disgusting that this memorial has been targetted again by vandals - the second time in a few weeks

The RAF Bomber Command War Memorial in Green Park, London has been painted with the words: "LEE RIGBY KILLERS SHUD HANG".

On May 27 the same memorial was defaced with the word "Islam" scrawled on it.

The latest attack was covered up this afternoon by an RAF Benevolent Fund banner with the words "Memorial Upkeep" and details of where people can donate.

A blog post on the fund's website said: "We are extremely disappointed and saddened that the Bomber Command Memorial has once again been subjected to vandalism.

"Work is currently under way to remove the graffiti."

The low-lifes who carry out these disgraceful acts of desecration should feel the full weight of the law if caught, to reflect the disgust felt by the vast majority of the population who respect and appreciate the sacrifice they made for all of us. The scum who do this obviously do not have the innate sense of decency shared by most of us because they are either too dumb to realise the significance of the memorial or so lacking in morals that they just do not care.
    I fear this is just the start. My feeling is that the memorial will become a magnet for every retard with an agenda who want's to get maximum exposure for whatever it is they expouse. It's a cheap shot at the moment, remember Charlie Gilmour swinging off the Cenotaph's Union flag? He barely did a third of his sentence. The only way to seriously discourage these losers is to lock 'em up for some serious jail time, but that's not going to happen is it....?

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast