Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bovington Tank Museum (UK)

Article about: 'never too sure where to post pics of a Museum...I'm sure someone will tell me if I've got this wrong. 'had a flying visit to Bovi and only had the phone (that explains any poor quality snap

Default Bovington Tank Museum (UK)

'never too sure where to post pics of a Museum...I'm sure someone will tell me if I've got this wrong.

'had a flying visit to Bovi and only had the phone (that explains any poor quality snaps) but I decided to grab some pics of the not-so-popular kit. Everyone takes pics of the Tiger 1....Tiger Schmiger...so here's some other not-Tiger 1 kit:-

Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)Bovington Tank Museum (UK)

...its always been a great place to walk around...and I guess its a great museum in the "new" style...lots of space...buttons to press, screens to sit down and look at...but I often wonder how many vehicles could fit in there if they went all "old-Kubinka" and simply parked loads of them a metre apart...so, you wouldn't get the photos you want (but Bovi could take loads and sell books full of them)...it wouldn't be as family friendly (old Kubinka was never the most inviting place....effectively a covered tank park).....I dunno......what do you think?

I'm now standing well back to avoid the tumbleweed!

...and I always smile at the TOG (tho it never smiles back)...a truly rare (and ridiculous) vehicle which, for years and years, was consigned to a dark corner behind the kiddies play area....and then along comes World of Tanks and it's a super star......like an aging movie star who has a second day in the sun....it also means a collection of black-clad computer nerds / geeks / gamers (sorry, I don't know the correct collective term....pale skin, lank hair [over their faces...or in ponytails...or both], shorts around their hips, lots of chains, baseball caps [with labels on], T-shirts with "Death-Sound-Explosion" of similar], Tats on their calves, rucksacks hanging down to their backsides, bracelets/bangles [often studded])....all desperate to look different ......... now hanging around the kiddies play area......but it's OK because it's still not outside! :-) ...good on ya TOG!

Brilliant tank collection! I would love to visit!

The last time I visited there was in 1973 while a serving soldier, and the Pzkpfw 11 they have on display was just a burned-out shell inside. The Tiger 1 had a largish square hole cut in the side and rumour had it that it was haunted. Great pictures, and maybe your second book - now that you are a published author - could be the history of Bovington tank museum?

Cheers,
    Steve

An amazing collection. I guess you could spend hours there.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    An amazing collection. I guess you could spend hours there.
    Even a full day isn't enough.

They got more space bit still not quite enough for it all. The Stridsvagn 103 (Strv 103) is fun. We had it at Shrivy till it got moved.

Just wish the Panzer 234/3 armoured car was a runner, now that would be stunning.

Love the Tank Museum!

Great pictures.

Thanks for sharing mate, went there a couple of times as a kid in the 70s & 80s, then visited there in 2004, looks a lot fuller ! Seem to remember there were some relics from the Fuhrer Bunker on my last visit, which drew my attention.
    Regards
    Paul

....’can’t ever recall seeing part of the Bunker there.........be great if you/someone had pics.....

When I went there in 2004, there was a glass cabinet with bits and pieces connected to the TR, there was a relic connected to the Fuhrerbunker, can't remember what it was now, my mate commented about me liking to own it, which I agreed !
    Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast