Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cap Badge Dilemma!!

Article about: As a little suprise, I've just bought my Great Uncle Joe a replacement beret, but I don't know which cap badge to get! He was in the Ayrshire Yeomanry, and - as far as I'm aware - was attatc

Default Cap Badge Dilemma!!

As a little suprise, I've just bought my Great Uncle Joe a replacement beret, but I don't know which cap badge to get!

He was in the Ayrshire Yeomanry, and - as far as I'm aware - was attatched to the Royal Artillery. Joe was a Sherman tank gunner.

I'm unsure whether he would of worn an Ayrshire or an Artillery cap badge! Any help would be great.

Cheers guys,
    Lee

Default Re: Cap Badge Dilemma!!

Sounds like he could have been part of an Artillery Forward Observer team as they were equipped with Shermans and would have supported the Infantry Battle Group. I don't think it would have been the other way round as if he were on loan to the Artillery with a skill such as Gunnery then likely he would have been a tanky rather than infantry? Why not get both it worked for Monty?

Jock

Hi Lee

He would have definately worn the Ayrshire Yeomanry cap bade..with pride!

Cheers

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Badge Dilemma!!  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Like many Yeomanry Regt's, the unit was converted to the RA role. He would have worn the Ayrshire Yeomanry cap badge.

Cheers, Ade.