Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

Article about: This book is a must read for anyone interested in the Scandinavian contribution! Our friend Paul had some input into this book too Nick

Default Re: Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

This book is a must read for anyone interested in the Scandinavian contribution!
    Our friend Paul had some input into this book too

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.   Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks, Nick, that is the book I just mentioned
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Looks like it would be an interesting read, another one to watch out for!

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    This book is a must read for anyone interested in the Scandinavian contribution!
    Our friend Paul had some input into this book too

Nick
    Thanks for the plug Nick !! It is an excellent book and Jon has a very readable style , it's well worth the money !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul, the Danish version is actually amusing as many phrases usually become lost in translation. But I give you, that is a splendid book.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Thanks, Nick, that is the book I just mentioned
    Oh yes ! Sorry I missed that post

You will really enjoy it !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Thanks for the plug Nick !! It is an excellent book and Jon has a very readable style , it's well worth the money !!
    I totally agree

Nick

HVK
    ?

Thank you for the pictures of the nice museum in Copenhagen. Just to ad a note.... On the picture of the dismantled Sten Gun there are various other pieces. All this is from one of the machine shops in Denmark that actually produced copies of Sten Guns during the war. Some of them were quite ingineous and used aluminium castings for stock, trigger housing and magazine well.

You can read more about the Danish Stens on this great site INDEX www.stengun.dk

?

I believe I may be related to Jonathon TRIGG, from my mothers side, it was her maiden name but the name TRIGG is an anglosised version of a Danish name, my mothers ancestor was actually a Viking prince, which makes sense as to why he would write a book on the subject, i will have to conduct a bit of research methinks and get that book, great photos Chrissy its amazing how there are museums cropping up everywhere and the items that are stored and displayed

Thanks HVK for the addition

Dave, it seems there are several British members with Viking-y ancestors, interesting. I would love to hear more about what you find out The museum, I found it to be very interesting, my father has been raving about it for years, trying to take me there when I was younger, but nooo, I told myself that it would be boring. Fail, huge fail. The museum is very interesting.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast