Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

Article about: This book is a must read for anyone interested in the Scandinavian contribution! Our friend Paul had some input into this book too Nick

?

Default Re: Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.

I suspect that you lot of marauding Vikings came over here sometime and did your pillaging and being naughty with the local girls, but i do know that one of them , the Prince i spoke about, stayed here and i think it was in devon or cornwall that his name was adopted something like Tregellis of which i think there is an actual place name, i'll have to speak to my sister, she has all the details, apparently I've also got some ancestry to the Kings of Ireland,so i could be a royal Viking Irish prince about a thousand times removed, hows that for an ancestry tree lol

I´m sad to inform you that this museum burned to the ground yesterday afternoon. FORTUNATELY staff and most items were saved. It will be rebuilt later on according to the National Museum.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hi Chris, this is bad news!

I have a friend Soren who helps out there. His big interest is Danish made Sten guns.

Glad everyone is safe and they saved most of the items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    I´m sad to inform you that this museum burned to the ground yesterday afternoon. FORTUNATELY staff and most items were saved. It will be rebuilt later on according to the National Museum.
    Indeed, that is bad news. Thankfully, all staff are safe and it is great that the National Museum will be able to rebuild at a later date.

Regards,

Carl

?

It was sad to see indeed. I have visited the museum many times.
    An old very famous resistance fighter in his nineties went there to ask the firemen sifting through the still smoking hulk of the building, if the wooden poles displayed there was saved.
    His friends were tied to these poles and executed during the war.
    After WWII the wooden poles were reloacated to the museum.
    It cut to the quick to see him so moved by the smoking ruin, which once contained everything from a home made 'tank' used by the Danish Resistance and down to the eye patch used by Heinrich Himmler in a futile attempt to disguise himself and be lost in the deluge of surrendered troops prior to being reqognised by British troops and biting down on his suicide pill.
    Not all facts have been established yet, but so far it has been reported, that the vast majority of items have been saved from the flames. Some things like type presses were of course not able to be moved and I doubt the very fragile posters, letters, huge flags etc were able to be saved in the same condition, that they were once displayed in.

If this turns out to be arson and not due to a fault in say the electrical installation, I hope the consequenses will the severe. This is a unique and priceless collection. How ever nothing has of yet been released in regards to what caused the fire, so we will have to wait and see.

The resistance fighter was J. Kieler
    Jørgen Kieler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its not going the right way for historical collections in Denmark; first two historical amoury collections were closed due to the disease, which is PC (one collection being quite unique and one of if not the largest of its kind in Europe) and now this. A sad day indeed.

Here some some members of the Resistance Movement in Denmark during WWII
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish Resistance Museum, Copenhagen, January 19, 2012.  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6