Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor

Article about: Today marks the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Thankyou to all the service men and women who served our country on that day..and to those who lost their lives..for our c

Default December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor

Today marks the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Thankyou to all the service men and women who served our country on that day..and to those who lost their lives..for our country.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor   December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cool photos Larry!...

?

Dumbest thing The Japanese ever did followed by Hitler's declaration of war on the 11th.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Dumbest thing The Japanese ever did followed by Hitler's declaration of war on the 11th.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant"

Indeed.

"Now at this very moment I knew that the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all! ... How long the war would last or in what fashion it would end no man could tell, nor did I at this moment care ... We should not be wiped out. Our history would not come to an end ... Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to a powder. All the rest was merely the proper application of overwhelming force."

― Winston Churchill

Truer words were never spoken by the great man.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A day that changed the world forever.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

May we never forget history..

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Iconic photo of Doolittles Planes..and a few more photos of related Pearl Harbor
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor   December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor  

December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor   December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor  

December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor   December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Game Over!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture December 7th 1941...72 year anniversary of Pearl Harbor