Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Desecration of WW II Commonwealth War Graves in Benghazi

Article about: That is what happens when primitive religious fanatics run loose which seems to happen a lot in that part of the world with that particular religion. OK I'll shut up.

Default Desecration of WW II Commonwealth War Graves in Benghazi

Came across this You tube video showing the Desecration of graves in Libya .Who and when it was done I can not tell. Very sad to see this.
    Martin
    Insult to WWII servicemen Graves of British troops, smashed and desecrated by Wahhabi NATO RATS - YouTube

Default Re: Desecration of WW II Commonwealth War Graves in Benghazi

Hi Martin, this happened last week. Very sad and all down to religious intolernace and stupidity. Had our troops not won the war, their fate would have been the same as the Jews.

Official Statement form the CWGC:

Benghazi War Cemetery to be fully restored
    28/02/2012

It’s now reported from Benghazi that two Commonwealth War Graves cemeteries have been damaged in attacks over the weekend – both the Benghazi War Cemetery and now the Benghazi British Military Cemetery. We are awaiting a detailed report but in both cemeteries, headstones were broken and disfigured. Both cemeteries will be restored to a standard befitting the sacrifice of those commemorated at Benghazi, but this could take some time because we will need to source replacement stones. We will also need to be sure that it’s safe for the detailed work to be carried out, but in the meantime we will ensure that temporary markers are erected over the graves. We have no reports of any maintenance staff being injured in the attack.

I know this film footage will anger many people. It does me. But please think before replying to this thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, for that extra information as you say it will anger people but that was not my intention and if the thread goes the wrong direction please delete it.
    Martin

This was done in 'revenge' for the American army burning copies of the Koran in Afghanistan, apparently by mistake, and they have apologised unreservedly. Over 100 people have been killed there as a result.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Seeing things like this makes me completely lose faith in humanity and almost ashamed to be of the same species as those involved.

Thanks

Danny

Disgusting. A part of me thinks commonwealth governments should step in to have these boys brought home and buried in a place where their remains and their sacrifices will be respected and honored as they should be.

I hope these people get what they deserve, but they probably wont.. They have no idea what it TRULY means to fight for a worthy cause.

Josh

This is the latest news from an Australian perspective Graveyard containing digger graves attacked sparking Government call for manhunt | News.com.au
    This artical has information on Australians buried there
    Sickening attack on graves in cemetery where Diggers are buried | Herald Sun
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-05-2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: added link

Here is another link to the Arabic News channel who also condem the attacks: please be aware this does show the names on some of the graves desecrated. Aussie and Canadian ones are shown. It appears these fanatics are also destroying tombs of Muslim Holy men in Libya.

World War II graves smashed in Libya - Africa - Al Jazeera English

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well all i can say is that it is......appalling

So brave these 'holy fighters' to attack guys who have been dead for 70 years. I'd like to see how they'd stand up in a real firefight!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast