Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.

Article about: Hello. While I was in the Diessen area my friend and I decided to try our luck at finding Eduard Ritter von Schleich's grave. After a long search my buddy finally found it. Amazed that he sa

Default Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.

Hello. While I was in the Diessen area my friend and I decided to try our luck at finding Eduard Ritter von Schleich's grave. After a long search my buddy finally found it. Amazed that he saw it because I would have never seen it. The first picture is what we were looking for and the other photos are what we found. A shame that nobody keeps up with his grave.

Eduard Ritter von Schleich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Luke

Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.

hope you cleared it before you left.

Hey Harry. I left my loppers in the States. Maybe next time!
    Thanks!

Luke

Hi Luke, thanks for sharing mate.
    The condition of the grave is so disappointing. I would be expecting a glamorous grave for a WWI ace pilot and WWII general.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I agree with the above....German cemeteries are generally well-maintained...I'm also very surprised to see that he doesn't have a proper headstone...
    On the other hand, at least he has a grave...My German Oma's two brothers Adam and Hans don't...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 06-01-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks everyone!
    Chris and Glenn: I totally agree with you. You would think there would be a relative or someone in the area that would want to give him a proper headstone or at least keep up with this one. But yes, Glenn, at least he has one. I can't imagine how many don't.
    Thanks!

Luke

Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.

shocking and disappointing to witness that....i own one of his personal award...which has a better treatment..Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.

Luke,
    Thanks for the photo of this fabulous award and welcome to the forum. Can you take a closer photo of the inscription? Thanks, Bob

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Luke,
    Thanks for the photo of this fabulous award and welcome to the forum. Can you take a closer photo of the inscription? Thanks, Bob
    Here it is
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.  

i also have this eagle that i have no idea ....the eagle is on a 18in stell rod and has engraved in the back'' pat .mar. 29-1904''
    There is 2 slot holes in the back , looks like something was removed from over the eagle's head.Eduard Ritter von Schleich. Hidden Grave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast