Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit

Article about: I've just make a small family weekend barbeque, and visit the Juminda peninsula. This is a very interesting place with a lot of history facts, but not a lot of information awailable. There w

?

Default Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit

I've just make a small family weekend barbeque, and visit the Juminda peninsula. This is a very interesting place with a lot of history facts, but not a lot of information awailable. There was a survived crews from the destroyed ships after they landed ( mostly soldiers, navy and a parts of Estonian destroyer units) reformate to the naval infantry units and most of the died in the forests around. Civilians who are salvaged, was turned back to Tallinn.
    So here is some fresh pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit   Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit  

Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit   Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit  

Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit   Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit  

Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Default Re: Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit

Interesting place Dim , with a lot of ships resting under those waters.

How far from Tallinn about 90km ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

about 45 km
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Here is the map of the battle of 1941 year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonia: Juminda peninsula, today visit  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Very interesting , must admit i could do with learning more about the Naval warfare in the Baltic during the war , i take it the mines are there as monuments !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings