Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war

Article about: Hope this is the right section! I wonder if anyone know if any of the items in those pictures survived and still exists preserved today in museums or so? May not be the ones on the pictures

Default Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war

Hope this is the right section!

I wonder if anyone know if any of the items in those pictures survived and still exists preserved today in museums or so?
    May not be the ones on the pictures but you get my point..like those huge flags,and eagles that romed the streets of the third reich.

Was everything destroyed after the war?
    They had like millions of flags everywhere .

What happened to the flags at the "Nurnberg field"?

The Huge flags that was hanging over the streets i have seen some with golden edges too but i cant find the picture now, eagles tons of eagles everywhere...some must have survived?

So yeah if you have any other object similar to this ,please tell me.

Regards, Conny

Almost all of the huge display stuff was systematically destroyed immediately after the war's end.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Massive bombings + Large golden eagles= very small pieces of large golden eagles.

A lot of those Eagles still exist today. But with the swastika removed or covered up.

Nazi Eagles

Nuremberg was pounded from the air and saw fierce combat on the ground in April 1945...after the war what was left was either destroyed by both the Allies and the Germans, or can be found de-Nazified in some form as public display of a Swastika is forbidden in Germany...
    cheers, Glenn

DougB has them all out his back, LOL.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yeah i guess almost everything was destroyed, would be intresting if one of those huge flags still existed though...but maye kinda hard to carry home as a soldier

Those sites are all fascinating, the parade grounds at Nurnberg, the Chancellery site, etc.... but most have been sterilized.... one unique story is about the Chancellery Eagles, there is one at the British Imperial War Museum, one in Moscow, and one at the United States Air Force Museum... below are photographs of the current display of the Chancellery Eagle at the US Air Force Museum at Wright Pat Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio... it was brought here by an Air Force Officer I understand as a souvenir being transported in the bomb-bay of his aircraft home. My understanding is that this eagle was not at Hitler's Office as it is currently labeled, rather one of the 3 main ones that adorned the Chancellery... the specifics of the USAF's Eagle are listed in the After the Battle magazine, Vol. 61, page 18. The Hitler bust displayed with the eagle with the bullet holes is from another location as labeled in the photos.

Flags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the warFlags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the warFlags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the warFlags,Eagles,Swastikas and other items after the war

JMM
    ?

Yeap, great sites. Thanks for posting the pics

Waow,cool pictures thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast