Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gestapo Buildings in Paris

Article about: A brief stop in Paris earlier this week, allowed for a few photographs of the former SD (Sicherheitsdienst) offices located on Avenue Foch, near L'Arc de Triomphe. The houses, numbered 82-86

?

Default Gestapo Buildings in Paris

A brief stop in Paris earlier this week, allowed for a few photographs of the former SD (Sicherheitsdienst) offices located on Avenue Foch, near L'Arc de Triomphe. The houses, numbered 82-86, are on a large residential boulevard, one of the most sought after locations in the centre of the city. The Gestapo used numbers 82, 84 and 86 during the Nazi occupation. Number 84 saw, among others, the interrogations of SOE operatives that were captured by the Gestapo. A wireless section, headed by Josef Goetz, was located on the second floor. It was here, that the radio games with SOE were carried out. SS Sturmbannfuhrer Josef Kieffer, the senior German intelligence officer in occupied France, had his office on the 4th floor of number 84. Prison cells were located on the floor above.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gestapo Buildings in Paris   Gestapo Buildings in Paris  

Default Re: Gestapo Buildings in Paris

I can feel the hair standing up on the back of my neck
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I wonder if the present occupants know of the history surrounding their apartments?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Me too Ade, I was thinking about that as I walked along the street. If walls could talk, I dare say that there would probably be more than a few empty flats...

Regards,

Carl

KIEFER, Hans
    Thanks, Glen.

Dom
    ?

Hotel Lutécia , Abwher and Geheime Feldpolizei

At the liberation the " Lutécia " was requisitioned to accommodate the survivors of the concentration camps .

And now, it's closed. They are changing all the Lutécia, last year they sold the furniture.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

nice post Carl.