Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Heydrich house

Article about: Located in the sleepy village Panenské Břežany, just outside of Prague, is the former home of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich. The house sits in a secluded spot at the foot of a

?

Default The Heydrich house

Located in the sleepy village Panenské Břežany, just outside of Prague, is the former home of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich. The house sits in a secluded spot at the foot of a hill upon which Karl Frank's former residence can be found, and is privately owned so no access to the site is allowed. There have been talks, regarding plans to open the house as a museum for those who resisted the Nazis during the war. As yet though, nothing is confirmed.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Heydrich house   The Heydrich house  

The Heydrich house   The Heydrich house  

Last edited by CARL; 01-18-2014 at 11:05 AM.

?

Default re: The Heydrich house

The fine former home of SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Karl Frank, as mentioned above...

This building is currently utilised as a home for senior citizens.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Heydrich house   The Heydrich house  

The Heydrich house   The Heydrich house  

?

And finally, the chapel within the grounds of the former residence of Karl Frank...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Heydrich house  

?

Very nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Would most likely be interesting to have a good look in the attic and the cellars of these houses.

?

Thank you TrondK,

Glad that you like them.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Carl, nice pics and thanks for another good thread. They certanly lived in some nice houses.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Interesting thread Carl any thoughts to the what is mounted to the side of the house in image three it looks to be some kind of sun gauge .

Regards Mark K

?

Thanks guys.

Ade, I agree, they certainly did enjoy the pick of the homes on offer. I believe that Karl Frank also had a villa located near the centre of Prague, within the Bubenec district, although I haven't been able to locate it just yet. There are however, many beautiful homes within that area.

Mark, you are correct, it is indeed a sundial, and can be seen a little clearer below.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Heydrich house  

Sure I like that, Carl! Somebody to put THE mercédes in front the house?

Nice houses but they have a malevolence about them !

Great pics Carl, thank you

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast