Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Heydrich's killing

Article about: G'day all, I've just finished reading "HHhH" by Laurent Binet, and I have "The Killing of SS Oberhrupenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich" by Callum Macdonald which I've also read

Default Heydrich's killing

G'day all,
    I've just finished reading "HHhH" by Laurent Binet, and I have "The Killing of SS Oberhrupenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich" by Callum Macdonald which I've also read and enjoyed, are there any other books on the assassination of Heydrich out there? I think it's a fascinating subject and I'm very interested in any other books that are related in this subject.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Default Re: Heydrich's killing

An excellent account Dave is the well illustrated book "Assassination-Operation Anthropoid 1941-1942" published in Prague 2002. (Burian,Knizek,Rajlich,Stehlik) I have this complete on my computer and will try to attach with this message. If it does not work then send me a PM with your email address and I will forward it to you. Regards, Clive.

PS: The file size is 8.13 MB, so I am sure I can not post it with this reply.

?

Binet's work is indeed a superb effort Dave. And rather unique in style. The above named publications are also highly regarded.

Regards,

Carl

Carl, Binet's book took a bit to get into to start with, but, I ended up really enjoying the way he had written it. The way he almost explains how he's writing the book takes a bit of getting used to but it does become quite interesting, like reading two books at the same time.

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Carl, Binet's book took a bit to get into to start with, but, I ended up really enjoying the way he had written it. The way he almost explains how he's writing the book takes a bit of getting used to but it does become quite interesting, like reading two books at the same time.
    I found that reading Binet's work, was rather like having a narrator in one ear and the dialogue in the other. It is certainly a different approach, but one that works well. His love of the region shines through in his book, a factor that really assisted in the personal manner in which it is written.

Below are a few recent images of the memorial column to the brave British trained Czechoslovakian operatives who carried out the attack on SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich, which resulted in his death a week later. Also shown is Bulovka hospital, located across the street, the site where Heydrich died.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heydrich's killing   Heydrich's killing  

Heydrich's killing   Heydrich's killing  

I have this book with the inquest of Gestapo, but it's not in English.
    Kniha Heydrich (Jaroslav

?

I think Himmler had him put out the the way, to save his job IMO?

Perhaps...Job...

I thoroughly enjoy Binets book! I loved his style!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem