On the way back from a meeting at the Dachau Archiv earlier this week, we stopped off in the centre of Munich and visited the famous Hofbräuhaus. The building, owned by the Bavarian State, is one of Munich's oldest beer halls and was founded by Wilhelm V, Duke of Bavaria in 1589. Famous guests include Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, John F.Kennedy and Vladimir Lenin. In 1920, a year after the Munich Communists established their HQ at the venue, Adolf Hitler and his NSDAP arranged their first meeting in the Festsaal (Festival Room), located on the third floor. Later, policies were declared and functions arranged at the locale. Pictured below are an image of Hitler's watercolour featuring the Hofbräuhaus (cca.1919), a view within the Festsaal and contemporary images taken during our recent visit.