Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Holocaust Memorial Day

Article about: Today, Sunday 27th January, is international Holocaust Memorial Day. The day is commemorated annually throughout many countries. Some nations remember the Holocaust on different dates, but f

?

Default Holocaust Memorial Day

Today, Sunday 27th January, is international Holocaust Memorial Day. The day is commemorated annually throughout many countries. Some nations remember the Holocaust on different dates, but for many of us around the world, today is the day. The date coincides with the liberation of Auschwitz, widely recognised as the worst of the countless locales of terror that made up the Konzentrationslager system. Today, we should remember the victims of Auschwitz, and indeed the millions more who perished at other locations during the 1933-1945 period.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holocaust Memorial Day   Holocaust Memorial Day  

Holocaust Memorial Day   Holocaust Memorial Day  

?

Default Re: Holocaust Memorial Day

It's days like these that honor such horrible atrocities such as the Holocaust that one can truly appreciate the life that you have. RIP to all those who were murdered and God Bless all those, living and dead, that fought to free and keep free, those bound and threatened by the Third Reich.

?

I took these pictures as I passed the Miami Holocaust Memorial on my way to the airport about six weeks ago. I wish I had had time to do a proper visit, but I had not known about it prior to driving bye to catch a plane.

Holocaust Memorial Day

Holocaust Memorial Day

Holocaust Memorial
    Regards,
    John

Our LH group is laying a wreath at the Soviet War Memorial, London later this morning.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for the link Ade. Some well spoken words from Mr.Yakovenko. He stresses the point that we must never stop talking about the Holocaust, and this is something that I strongly believe in. Too many treat the subject as taboo, which is a mistake of great magnitude.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Nice that the weather seems to have held out for the service too.

Well said Carl!...

?

Some very poignant photos , wonderful interview with Henia Bryer last night on the BEEB what an incredible woman surviving 4 Camps !!

BBC iPlayer - Prisoner Number A26188: Henia Bryer
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I live in Miami when I am not off at school and have never gone to see the memorial. Definitely need to make some time next time I am home!
    Last edited by dramos; 01-28-2013 at 08:33 PM.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Some very poignant photos , wonderful interview with Henia Bryer last night on the BEEB what an incredible woman surviving 4 Camps !!

BBC iPlayer - Prisoner Number A26188: Henia Bryer
    Thanks Paul. For those who didn't catch the episode, it is well worth watching. A remarkable lady indeed.

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 01-28-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast