Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Iconic Images of the Vietnam war

Article about: After making a thread on images of ww2 I thought I would create one about the Vietnam war as there are many interesting pictures that depict the harsh realities of the conflict. I hope you e

Default Re: Iconic Images of the Vietnam war

I was in High school and saw most of these images as they
    came across the evening news. Maybe it was because of
    my age or because i had friends and relatives over there but
    the Vietnam war left ever lasting memories on me.

God bless those who fought and died in SE Asia.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-26-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Some more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iconic Images of the Vietnam war   Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  

Iconic Images of the Vietnam war   Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  

?

First: Sept. 25, 1965 paratroopers of the U.S. 2nd Battalion, 173rd Airborne

Second: Sgt. Ronald A. Payne,Squad Leader of Company A, 1st Bn, 5th Infantry, 25th Infantry Division, checks a tunnel entrancebefore entering it to search for Viet Cong

Third: US troops

Forth: US troops with M60

Fifth: B-52 bomber

Sixth: Dug in artillery position
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iconic Images of the Vietnam war   Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  

?

More interesting pictures

?

The last few pictures I have for now.

The iconic song by,,SSGT Barry SADLER..The Green Beret song.....Ballad of the Green Berets - [HD] - - - SSGT Barry SADLER - YouTube

Iconic Images of the Vietnam war  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I still have my copy of that album. I bought it new
    in 1967.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I went to Wash DC for Bike week as I used to ride with the MC "Centurians"..quite few years ago..and it was a hot day!!.....I was siting on the grass and there were tons of Motorcycles pouring in and alot of Vietnam vets on that day as it was memorial day. I saw something I never would forget......I happen to look up and I saw 4 guys walking in a staggered column..like you would see on patrol..they came out of no where and walked slowly and methodically. Almost in slow motion....I was entranced by their appearance and one of them stopped by my jug of water that had a little bit of ice in it. He said..."Oh look" water..and i said help yourself there is only ice in there...but I think he did not hear me or even knew i was there...I turned to my friend sitting next to me..did you see those 4 guys walking like that??...and he said .."what guys?"....I turned and that quickly they were gone...not sure of it as it chilled me.,, how they approached and how they disappeared like that. My neighbor who was a Nam Vet would sometimes spend his summers sleeping in his hot attic when he was mad at his wife and he had the same training of disapearring from my backyard BBQs. You would see him one minute the next he was gone. Those 4 guys in Wash DC..IMO were ghosts....I never seen anything like it...God bless them
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

4md
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The iconic song by,,SSGT Barry SADLER..The Green Beret song.....Ballad of the Green Berets - [HD] - - - SSGT Barry SADLER - YouTube
    The second photo is Australian soldiers from 7rar, this is probably the most famous Aussie vietnam photo

MCollector

Great thread, love your photos! Thanks for posting your pics. Many of us here have friends that served in Viet Nam and it's still difficult for them to cope with their time there. Thanks for your service!!!

Music; CSNY, and I had the pleasure to see CSN twice in my life. And already mentioned, The Doors. The End and The Unknown Soldier are songs I still listen to.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast