Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Iwo jima sand

Article about: These islands have volcanic sand on their beaches rather than the white sugar sand you see so often in tourist resorts. Volcanic sand is coarse and gritty and will sometimes even cut your sk

Default Iwo jima sand

Hi, found this for sale on ebay.
    IWO JIMA SAND ~ WWII Marine Corps ~ 100% Authentic | eBay
    lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iwo jima sand  

?

Default Re: Iwo jima sand

Wauw, this sand can come straight from out of my backyard...

This is one of those things that could very well be from Iwo Jima or a lake beach in Philadelphia. I wonder if it is true, that when you put your hand in the sand on the beach and clench it into a fist, pull it up and you have a fistful of shell casings?

It would certainly be an amazing experience to visit Iwo Jima, and the pictures on the auction are nice.

Quote by Poromies View Post
    I wonder if it is true, that when you put your hand in the sand on the beach and clench it into a fist, pull it up and you have a fistful of shell casings?
    More like a fistful of shells... $25 an ounce? He's having a laugh ain't he? I bet he bought a suitcase full back...

Iwo Jima sand?? For $25 I'll sell anyone here some Blackpool rock, and that's guaranteed the real deal, it says so all the way through it!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

The chances are is that it could well be genuine, but so what!!, Its not going to be sand of the period, its the same as bringing sand back home from Omaha, Utah, Gold Sword and Juno, its only a representation of having been there and nothing more, but then to ask money for it in my eyes disrespects those who shed blood over those sands, its not even classed as a relic and can never be

I believe it's only possible to visit Iwo once a year... and even if you can visit, the cost of the trip is rediculous! I HIGHLY doubt that this stuff is real.

it is not ww2 sand . in the description it writew that it is from february 2011

Alternatively, for less than $25.00.........................

Come on, guys. it's on ebay so it MUST be real.....right? LOL

Your right eBay is a highly respectable place with good ethical seller! ....

I like the unusual and strange but this is alittle to far I reckon.

Jason

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast