Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , Indonesia

Article about: The was a blast at 45m down she was a tech dive on 28% O2, with a bottom time of 20mins. first thing we came across was a sandy bottom covered in what looked lie .50 , 20mm and 40mm shells a

Default Japanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , Indonesia

Japanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , IndonesiaJapanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , Indonesia

The was a blast at 45m down she was a tech dive on 28% O2, with a bottom time of 20mins.
    first thing we came across was a sandy bottom covered in what looked lie .50 , 20mm and 40mm shells all over the sea bed (still all live)
    headed towards the dark shadow that turned out to be the wreck with a hole in the side twice the size of a dinner plate, only one tho...odd rules out air attack.
    Fish life was awesome on the wreck, school of GT running circles around us, covered in great coral but couldn't touch anything due to stone fish and Lion fish everywhere.
    The guide took us down under the stern and started to pick up old ammo, I look closer at what he was sitting on only to realize it was a depth change, looking around I noticed another 6 laying on the sea bed an hooked up on the stern. The local guide didn't seem to mind when I pushed him off them. I didn't feel like cutting my holiday short by going home in a body bag.
    20mins was enough to go right around the little wreck and see everything quickly, with another 25 mins Deco at different levels an the last 5meters on 50% O2 (accelerated decompression) its was a 45min dive all up and only a 10 min boat ride from my hotel & girlfriend waiting at the pool bar with nice cold Bingtang.

Default Re: Japanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , Indonesia

wow amazing did you find an nice relics to keep while you where exploring ???

Default Re: Japanese Patrol boat wreck and naval gun mounted caves on Gilli T , Indonesia

if you get chance.. heres a link to my recent visit there..where so locals showed me a cave emplacement ....https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japan...onesia-223928/... Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No sadly no relics that didn't involve going BOOM, although it was a ammo collectors wet down there.

LarryC
    Very cool, what island was this again ????

It was on the island Of Ambon. its one of the major islands..a little west of Makassar.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Sounds like a good dive you had..& a beer at the end sounds like heaven!! lol..A bit out of my depth 30 metres is my limit...It must great to go diving & look at relics...Thanks for posting very interesting..Next time keep clear of those depth charges lol..Cheers Terry.

Tango do you Dive in your area, and if so what have you found over there.
    I would like to go diving around the UK one day, crap currents, foul Viz but some of the best wrecks around I would think

?

No I don't dive in the UK .I work in the UAE so I dive there..warm water & ok viz..the wrecks around here are sunk for diving or by accident..most sit around the 20 to 30 metre mark so easily dived on Nitrox...So no war Relics here which is a shame..But that dive you done must have been great..I wish I was there lol.. Cheers for the photos very good..Thank you Terry.