Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Katyn memorial in England

Article about: This memorial to Polish Officers shot by the NKVD is set in Staffordshire, England, not far from the big German military cemetery on Cannock Chase. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Katyn memorial in England

Hello Olzhas

While I cannot speak for Ade I am quite certain that the recent release of the Katyn movie has nothing to do with his post of the photos from the memorial site. This is an appropriate post on a forum dedicated to memorials and sites of historical importance.

Both Gary and myself are of Polish descent and the slaughter of thousands of Poland’s finest – “the flower of the nation” - still resonates strongly among Poles the world over, hence our participation here. I applaud every effort made to remember this criminal act of genocide by the Soviets, despite forces that want to revise the history and bury the truth.

Regards,
    Tony

?

So guy's we don't speak here about politics, it just was a politic of the terror, and first of victims was the citizens of the Soviet union. We want to learn the history and probably to open new pages of the history.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    So guy's we don't speak here about politics, . . . We want to learn the history and probably to open new pages of the history.
    No problem with that. I’m all for learning about and the preservation of history. However, let’s not confuse the mention of the ‘participants’ in historical events as indulging in “politics”. I understand it can be a fine line, especially in this day and age of political correctness.

Regards,
    T.

Hi Guys, I am glad that you found the pics of interest.

I have not seen the movie yet and I never even thought about it when making this post.

Like Dimas said, we do not talk about the politics here, only the history.

Hi Darrell, I am sure you will soon get the hang of being online etc I have been collecting 32 years myself. Like you say, if only we had this kind of info in the old days!

Cheers, Ade.

?

It's a difficult line to walk ...
    ..Yes I too have sentiments as to the actions of the soviets ... BUT baring in mind the various view points .... I too would like to see this forum run the path of history rather than politics .... we can all view some fantastic material by just taking one step back ..

G.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Thanks Ade for understanding I think 2 old war horse's like us fit in well hear!Thanks Darrell

ace
    ?

love to see the uniform please nice story the one that got away nice

I thought that I would add these pics to this thread of the discovery of the site & the remains. They show some of the effects discovered and the members of the Red Cross and the Polish Clergy brought in by the Germans to investigate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn memorial in England   Katyn memorial in England  

Katyn memorial in England   Katyn memorial in England  

Katyn memorial in England   Katyn memorial in England  

Katyn memorial in England  

Here is a local railway worker who was a witness together with a local woodcutter. He testified as to what happened. With the return of the Soviets he was captured by the NKVD and forced to recant his testimony. He was forced by the NKVD to say that the Germans made him give a false statement, which was untrue. The NKVD then threw him in jail where he remained for many years.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn memorial in England   Katyn memorial in England  

Default Polish Officer's tunic from the Military Academy

Hello SS Ring Man,

I am also waiting patiently for you to post your pictures of your Polish Officer's tunic from the Military Academy.

Please post it as soon as you can because I am extremely keen to see it.

I have a original pre-war Polish Signals/Engineer 2nd Lt's Cap, I am patiently collecting together the rest of the uniform and equiptment.

Justin1939

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast