Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Katyn memorial in England

Article about: This memorial to Polish Officers shot by the NKVD is set in Staffordshire, England, not far from the big German military cemetery on Cannock Chase. Cheers, Ade.

Default Katyn memorial in England

This memorial to Polish Officers shot by the NKVD is set in Staffordshire, England, not far from the big German military cemetery on Cannock Chase.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Katyn memorial in England   Katyn memorial in England  

Katyn memorial in England   Katyn memorial in England  

Katyn memorial in England   Katyn memorial in England  

Default Re: Katyn memorial in England

Hello Ade,

Thank you for posting these. I had not seen this memorial before.

It's interesting to note that the plaque does not mention the perpetrators of the crime, perhaps to keep the focus on those murdered, or perhaps there were other reasons . . .

Best regards,
    Tony

?

And there is still 26,000 Polish soldiers "still missing" ...

G.

Not to mention the countless tens of thousands of Polish men, women and children deported in 1940 and unable to escape Soviet territory during the negotiated amnesty in 1941. They were left to their fate of being worked to death or otherwise perish from starvation and disease. To anyone with an interest in this tragic chapter of WW2, one that remains largely unknown, I strongly recommend two great books: “An Army in Exile” by Lt.Gen. Wladyslaw Anders, and “The Inhuman Land” by Jozef Czapski. Absolutely riveting reads.

Best Regards,
    Tony

SS Ring Man
    ?

Some time ago I meet a Polish Vet who was a the Polish Military Acadme in 1939 and was pick up by the Russian,and was on a train till it stop for water and the master of the station was a cusin who got him and the other off the train.Since he was a Lt he must have been heading to forest with the others,but with luck made his way to England.I have his uniform that he gave me after seeing my display at a collage some 10 years ago.Since then he has passed and the story remains with me,he was one of the lucky ones.

Hello SS Ring Man.
    Thank you for contributing this interesting account. I’m certain to be speaking on everyone’s behalf here by asking to please post pictures of this veterans uniform. We’d all love to see it!
    Cheers, Tony

?

Yes ... Please .... post some photos of the uniform !!

G.

Hi Darrell, can I just add to the chorus and say please show the uniform here.

Great story by the way too.

Cheers, Ade.

SS Ring Man
    ?

As soon as I can I will start to post pic of thing in my collection,as soon as I can bare with me on this one.I have been collecting now some 40 years,have only been on line since Febuary.This things been in the shop more tims then my car to be debuged!!!!but rest up for the onslout I have a short list of things. From my RING,ALOMO SCOUT PATCH,ARM BANDS,POSTORS,and other thing you may wish I go away.But I love to help out,beening an old war horse I like to help out the younger collectors.I just wished we had something like this in the old days,growing up in a small New England town I had no one to ask What is it.I rember the old Jack Pia books as beeing my only out look into this big world of collecting.And not meeting a nother collector of this stuff till I was around 17 feeling like I was the only person on the plant that did what I was doing.So bare with me as I ageen travel down a new path.Thanks Darrell

YoZh
    ?

hm...
    sorry, but after movie "Katyn" this theam again at top.
    Sorry, but - IMHO.
    Regards,
    Olzhas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast