Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)

Article about: Hello guys. At the moment I'm on holiday with my girlfriend and little daughter in Berchtesgaden, Bavaria. (Germany). I'm here for 3 days now. Today I've visited the Kehlsteinhaus on top of

?

Default Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)

Hello guys. At the moment I'm on holiday with my girlfriend and little daughter in Berchtesgaden, Bavaria. (Germany). I'm here for 3 days now.
    Today I've visited the Kehlsteinhaus on top of the Kehlsteinmountain. Better known as Hitler's theehouse or Eaglesnest. It was build in 13 months in order of
    Martin Bormann who wanted to give the theehouse to Hitler for his 50th birthday. The building was finished in 1938 and can be reached by an elevator that brings you up in a shaft that's 124m high. It's still for almost 100% in it's original form. I took some pictures that I want to share here. For those who've never visited it,... it's a real topper! Truely an amazing place. Especially the views you get there. I hope you like the pictures.

Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)

Cheers,

Kris.

Default Re: Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)

Great shots, thanks for sharing! I'd love to visit this place one day, not only for its history but also because it appears to be a very beautiful place!

Default Re: Kehlsteinhaus (Eagles Nest)

Thank you for the pictures.
    chris

I went there a few years ago, great and interesting place with some lovely views.

Well worth a visit

I was also there many years ago, very cool place!-I read somewhere that they demolished the old General Walker Hotel in Berchtesgarden, I believe the hotel predated the Nazi Era and was used for Guests visiting Hitler at Berchtgarten, I recall it was a nice hotel and there were underground passages etc-kind of a shame!!

?

Been there a few times, fortunately managed to visit during a spell of clear weather, which patently makes the view something to behold. One visit was especially memorable as I was with a veteran, who later married a German girl (she had five brothers including a former SS-LAH member). Hitler himself was rarely at the site itself and is also reported to have told Bormann that he was good at wasting money when officially presented his gift.

Nice one
    That's a visit for the future for sure !

Cheers