Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korsun Ukraine Museum

Article about: pictures of the inside of the korsun Ukraine museum dedicated to the Chekassy battle

Default Korsun Ukraine Museum

pictures of the inside of the korsun Ukraine museum dedicated to the Chekassy battle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korsun Ukraine Museum   Korsun Ukraine Museum  

Korsun Ukraine Museum   Korsun Ukraine Museum  

?

Default Re: Korsun Ukraine Museum

Very eclectic. Both a Panzerbüchse and a BREN gun amongst other things. The BREN being a German 'Beute waffe' from when overrunning the factories, I assume ....

Any info on the six barreled mortar-like thing?

Demjansk has a pretty good little museum too.

Thanks for posting.

Nice pics thanks.

Hi Scout, the "Bren" is actually a Czech ZB. From which of course the Bren was derived.

We had a thread asking about the 6 barrelled item and no one (as yet) knew?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks, Ade. I assumed the Germans gobbled it up, as with most weapons in the occupied territories. I just couldnt remember the designation. As mentioned above most likely a Beute Waffe. The outline is easily reqognizable and I guess the knee jerk reflex from most would be to call it BREN, but you are of course correct.

Any difference between that and the BREN? Did the Brits make any great changes to the design.

I remember having read about the design and British adoption of it, but that was a looong time ago.

As an aside, I always wondered about whether they regretted going with a mag fed instead of a belt fed support weapon.

Interesting cluster mortar. Strange that no one knows anything about it. I hope something turns up.

?

Excellent Jake thanks for posting, this has got to be my next Battlefield visit to the Korsun / Cherkassy pocket , have you been to Uspenskya as well ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Fabulous ! There are some wonderful items there

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Scout, the simple way to tell is the Czech ZB has a finned barrel, while the Bren is plain.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade.
    I bet you have one of each too!

Sadly I don't....I never bought a Bren: our British living history group had 12 between us, so I never bothered....

The ZB is a top quality bit of kit too.

Cheers, Ade.