Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Lidice

Article about: Was it by artillery, demolition charges or fire Tiger?

Default Re: Lidice

Many thanks for posting these pictures.

?

That memorial to the children is incredibly haunting.

Thank you for posting these photos Carl. I doubt many of us have seen the place where Lidice once stood.

I can't bring myself to say 'great thread' as it somehow doesn't seem right but you know what I mean. I appreciate you bringing these images to our attention.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you for your kind words gents, it is appreciated.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. It is, and always will be, a sad place to visit. However, a new Lidice is located but a stones throw away, and many beautiful trees adorn the area which is very pleasant to stroll around on a fine day. It just goes to show, that even after the blackest night, there will be morning.

Im speechless!! Like Adrian said,, the faces in the children statues tells alot more of the story. Cold and sad. Thanks for posting these photos. regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Carl a wonderful sad tribute to the grim and evil deeds that took place there. I have knowledge of the massacre and destruction of the village, but not that deep. I must add this to my bucket list of places to visit and memorialize.

?

A fine, respectful comment Doug, thank you.

?

Tomorrow, June 10th 2017, marks the 75th anniversary of the destruction of Lidice.

For those with a few moments to spare, take the time to stop and think...and pray such senseless slaughter never comes to you and your loved ones.

For those with more time to spare, consider the movie noted earlier in the thread. If you have not seen it, you would do well to do so.

Below is a link to the website of the Lidice Memorial Site, with details of the commemorative events due to take place tomorrow:

Reverent commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the annihilation of Lidice village - Lidice Memorial
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lidice   Lidice  

?

Your a Good Man Carl!
    For keeping the memories of these poor souls alive for all future generations to see.

Semper Fi
    Phil

The innocent victims of the folly of mad, evil men.

The childrens sculpture is a wonderful tribute to them. Very, very sad indeed.

I too, would love to see Lidice, just to pay my respects.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast