Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

The little known Holocoust By Bullets now being discovered...

Article about: I thought you might like to know about an organization named Yahad In Unum which is run by a French Priest named Father Patrick Desbois. His mission is to find all of the thousands of sites

Exclamation The little known Holocoust By Bullets now being discovered...

I thought you might like to know about an organization named Yahad In Unum which is run by a French Priest named Father Patrick Desbois.

His mission is to find all of the thousands of sites in Eastern Europe where between 2-3 million Jews were massacred in small groups one bullet at a time.

Men, women, children and babies made to march to an area, dig their own graves, strip naked, then led a few people at a time to be shot.

They call it the Holocaust by Bullets.

Father Patrick goes into these small villages and speaks with older residents that remember where and when killings took place in their area.

There are thousands of areas most which are just now coming to light.

See: Holocaust by bullets

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you gents.

Carl

Very interesting. If I may piggy back on this (and I hope not distract from a worthy cause) to add further context on how immense this undertaking is, as a metric of the overall war.

https://vimeo.com/128373915

Sobering to say the least, and it's almost a forgone conclusion that these numbers are conservative when you consider how many lost dead there are, much like the victims being found by this project.

I hope they have great success in their endeavors to discover these fallen, and educate people who seem to find this period more interesting than it is terrifying these days. I fear the day we get comfortable with the idea the human faults that allow this to happen are behind us, that we've evolved and progressed beyond these moral errors, as that will be the very day we see it happen all over again.