Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Memorial to Heydrich assassins

Article about: Brave and daring men! A well deserved memorial Nick

?

Default Memorial to Heydrich assassins

A few images of the memorial to the British trained Czech and Slovak operatives who attacked Stellvertretender Reichsprotektor SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich, at this location on 27th May 1942. Heydrich died a week later in the hospital, Bulovka, also shown below.

The road system was altered many years ago, yet the commemorative marker stands at the location of the attack in the area known as Kobylisy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Memorial to Heydrich assassins   Memorial to Heydrich assassins  

?

Default Re: Memorial to Heydrich assassins

A closer view of the memorial column.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Memorial to Heydrich assassins   Memorial to Heydrich assassins  

?

Detail of the memorial strip that runs along the foot of the commemorative area.

?

Thank you Tiger88, I never knew there was a memorial to those men. Thanks for the pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

A final image of the memorial, and two showing the hospital, located directly opposite.

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thank you Tiger88, I never knew there was a memorial to those men. Thanks for the pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    And thank you Phil, in turn.

Actually, there are several memorials to these brave men, located throughout Prague.

Below is another commemorative marker, at the burial site in Dablice. Also shown is the well known memorial located at the site of their last stand, the Orthodox Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius, where they were eventually cornered by an overwhelming force of several hundred SS and police. The Czech and Slovak soldiers took their own lives, rather than be killed by their attackers.

How did I miss this thread? Great photos Carl, the bullet damage in the last photo really brings this part of history to life for me, you can just picture the scene so vividly from all those years ago.

The cave where they died

And a few images of his Mercedes .......

Thanks Carl!

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

great thread.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast