Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Memorials in Russia

Article about: Rare photo of the Russian memorial within the Red October Factory at Stalingrad. This are of the factory is still as it was in 1943 and spent cartridges still litter the floor. regards Paul

?

Default Memorials in Russia

Rare photo of the Russian memorial within the Red October Factory at Stalingrad.

This are of the factory is still as it was in 1943 and spent cartridges still litter the floor.

regards

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Memorials in Russia  

?

Default Re: Memorials in Russia

Kursk !

Are there still more coming? Because i'm addicted to your pics.

?

" Motherland "

Mamayev Kurgan, Stalingrad the most impressive Memorial statue i have ever seen,

Paul

Hi ya Paul , great pics , im reading a book at the moment on the battle of Starlingrad , called Voices from Starlingrad , its accounts of the battle from Russian and German soldiers and cervillans , awesome reading . It talks of the big hill Mamayev Kurgan , and the statue that is now there , reading it i picyured the statue to be an awesome site and your pic certanly verifies that , its stunning . It also states that for years after the battle nothing grew on that hill , there was so much shrapnel and metal in the ground it was dead , amazeing , cheers Raymond

?

Hello Raymond,

That is true for many years it wqas unsafe due to the unexploded ordnance , even now the debris of war is still found and many men have the Kurgan as their grave.

Last time i was there we found lots of German gas masks near to the Water towers. On the ground i might add , no digging at this place as it's a memorial,

regards

PAUL

?

" Fight to the Death " memorial , Stalingrad

Hi Paul , is the erea around the Kurgan and the water towers populated , amazeing how relics are still lying there untouched still today . Im a little way into my book now and Stanlingrad was hell on earth , very sobering , cheers Raymond

?

With such discerning and caring members - this website gets better every time I visit!

Thank you!

?

Hi Raymond,

The Kurgan towers over the residential and industrial area around the area of the Old Lazur chemical factory and the "Tennis racket " , it isn't built on itself other than than the memorials.

It's an amazing place. Watching the changing of the guard is worth the visit alone but " Motherland " dominates everything , it's awe inspiring !!

Fallen Heroes memorial downtown Stalingrad

Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast